Yempl.com website doesn’t collect any personally identifiable information (PII) about you during your visit unless you choose to provide it to us via registration. We do, however, collect information from visitors who read, browse, and/or download information from our site. We do this so we can understand how the public uses the site and how to make it more helpful. We trace page citations and flow as well as page actions.
Yempl.com does collect information for commercial marketing.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you browse through our website, certain information about your visit can be collected. We automatically collect and temporarily store the following types of information about your visit:
- Domain from which you access the Internet
- IP address (an IP or internet protocol address is a number that is automatically given to a computer connected to the Web)
- Operating system on your computer and information about the browser you used when visiting the site
- Date and time of your visit
- Pages you visited
- Address of the referrer website that connected you to Yempl.com website
We use this information to analyze the number of visitors and to help make our site more useful.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
Yempl.com uses a variety of Web measurement software tools. We use them to collect the information listed in the “Types of information collected” section above. The tools collect information automatically and continuously. No personally identifiable information is collected by these tools unless it’s provided during registration.
Yempl.com website staff analyze and report on the collected data from these tools.
The Office of Management and Budget Memo M-10-22, Guidance for Online Use of Web Measurement and Customization Technologies, allows federal agencies to use session and persistent cookies.
When you visit any website, its server may generate a piece of text known as a “cookie” to place on your computer. The cookie allows the server to “remember” specific information about your visit while you are connected. The cookie makes it easier for you to use the dynamic features of Web pages. Cookies from Yempl.com website collect only information about your browser’s visit to the site. They do not collect personal information about you.
There are two types of cookies: single session (temporary) and multi-session (persistent). Session cookies last only as long as your Web browser is open. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer for longer periods.
- Session Cookies: We use session cookies for technical purposes such as to allow better navigation through our site. These cookies let our server know that you are continuing a visit to our site. The OMB Memo 10-22 Guidance defines our use of session cookies as “Usage Tier 1: Single Session.” The policy says, “This tier encompasses any use of single session web measurement and customization technologies.”
- Persistent Cookies: We use persistent cookies to understand the differences between new and returning CMS website visitors. Persistent cookies remain on your computer between visits to our site until they expire. The OMB Memo 10-22 Guidance defines our use of persistent cookies as “Usage Tier 2″ Multi-session without Personally Identifiable Information (PII). The policy says, “This tier encompasses any use of multi-session Web measurement and customization technologies when no PII is collected.”
HOW TO OPT OUT OR DISABLE COOKIES
If you do not wish to have session or persistent cookies placed on your computer, you can disable them using your Web browser. If you opt out of cookies, you will still have access to all information and resources on our website.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You do not have to give us personal information to visit Yempl.com. However, if you choose to receive notifications, alerts or e-newsletters, we collect your email address to complete the subscription process.
If you choose to provide us with personally identifiable information through an email message, request for information, paper or electronic form, questionnaire, survey, etc., we will maintain the information you provide only as long as needed to respond to your question or to fulfill the stated purpose of the communication.
If in order to contact you we store your personal information in a record system designed to retrieve information about you by personal identifier (name, personal email address etc.), we will safeguard the information you provide in accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, as amended (5 U.S.C. Section 552a).
DATA SAFEGUARDS AND PRIVACY
All uses of Web-based technologies comply with existing privacy and data safeguarding policies and standards. Information Technology (IT) systems owned and operated by Yempl.com are assessed using Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) .
HOW LONG WE KEEP DATA AND HOW WE ACCESS IT
Yempl.com websites keep data collected long enough to achieve the specified objective for which they were collected.
HOW YEMPL.COM WEBSITE USES THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND APPLICATIONS
Yempl.com website use a variety of technologies and social media services to communicate and interact with patients and medical providers. These third-party website and application (TPWAs ) tools include popular social networking and media sites, open source software communities, and more. Examples include Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
TPWAs are not exclusively operated or controlled by Yempl.com. Users of TPWAs often share information with the general public, user community, and/or the third party operating the website. These actors may use this information in a variety of ways. TPWAs could cause PII to become available or accessible to TPWAs website and the public, regardless of whether the information is explicitly asked for or collected by us.
TPWAs websites sometime collect and use your PII if you made it available through third-party websites. However, we do not share PII made available through third-party websites. Your activity on the third-party websites we use is governed by the security and privacy policies of those sites. You should review the third-party privacy policies before using the sites and ensure that you understand how your information may be used.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES